Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Now I just need to find the stickers...

Oh emm gosh! Wow! Yay! Jump for joy! Oh crap, I just broke the couch from my excited wild thrashing about!

No, not really. It is cool to see Topps Stickers return to stores. I found this at Target along with... no packs of stickers. I guess someone bought an album and all the sticker packs. So now I play the waiting game, looking for sticker packs, hoping to collect all 309 stickers.

There are 279 player stickers - nine per team plus nine legends, and one sticker for each team. I think I might want a full set.
Here is an image of the stickers, and if you added a Topps logo in the corner you'd have a nice design for a flagship set. I wonder if that's where this design came from.

Here's the question, though: to stick or not to stick? I think if I was to attempt a complete set I would need to stick them in the album. Otherwise, what's the point, right?

What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I know I stuck them in the album. It's fun, makes me feel like a 9 year old again. Although some would find it a little strange, grown men sticking stickers. Oh well, I'm a stickin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm resisting, so far, the urge to buy the stickers. I've also seen the albums in two visits to Target a week apart - but no stickers either time. That's helped me resist the urge.

    But, if I were to buy them ... you know what, I'm not helping one bit. I have no idea if I'd stick them. I still have a few dozen unstuck stickers from the early 80s, which leads me to think I would not stick these new ones.

    You know, scratch that, I think I would stick them this go-round. Crinkly is right! It's fun! And that's what this hobby is all about.

    (This stream of consciousness brought to you by two nights of insomnia and an overdue bedtime here on night three.)

    ReplyDelete