Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Game on, upcoming show, and Cheap Card Contest!

Pimpin' ain't easy.

Head on over to Cheap Card Collecting, another SF-area blog that focuses on, well, card collecting on a budget! He's running a contest - follow and comment to enter.

Maybe someday I'll work a trade or run into him at a show. Until then... Keep on pimpin'.
Oh yeah, I mentioned something about a game. I'm going to the Giants game tomorrow afternoon. They're barely holding on to first place (half a game over the D-Backs), despite their best efforts to lose tonight. Walk the .220-something pinch hitter, loading the bases, only to face Andrew McCutchen? At least it made for an exciting finish. 3-2, two outs, bases loaded... McCutchen struck out swinging. I know many of you hate the Giants almost as much as the Yankees (and some a little bit more), but here's hoping they win tomorrow.

A quick 1:20AM update, before I hit "publish post" - I hit a collectibles and antiques fair on Sunday (after the flea market Saturday), and picked up a couple incredible cards. I'll publish a report and teaser in the next couple days (Thursday I think), and feature the cards on the Cardboard Zoo through the weekend.

And there's a toy and comic show this weekend. I'm on the fence about attending. I went to the spring show, and they have a few odd and end non-card items, SLUs, and non-sport sets. I might go in the afternoon. Thoughts (especially other bay area readers/bloggers)?

No comments:

Post a Comment