Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, December 30, 2011

12 Packs: The last one, part one.

This past week has been a fun ride through some totally random packs. If it wasn't for some of those 99-cent super cheap non-sport packs, I doubt I would have enjoyed these posts as much.

To go out with a bang, my twelfth pack was a 10-pack repack thing you find at Target. I'll split this post into two. Here are the first five packs:
 Oh goody. I haven't seen enough of this. This silly pack was hiding in the back.







 Hello! Way out there in left field! Can you come any closer? I don't have my zoom lens on the camera!

 Ugh. Ugly. Ugh.
 Hm. Chrome. Same design as Update, but extremely curly and shiny. I couldn't feed these through the photo scanner, so I had to go to the glass for the cards.
 The chromey finish makes them look all dirty!

 Panda throw ball!
That's a pretty cool picture.
 Here we go, something I can enjoy!
 Don't smile, Brandon. Uh oh, he's gonna smile! Quick, take the picture!
 Why so serious?
 "I'm just happy to be here."
 "I'm just happy to still be here."
 "You want me to hold the bat here? Okay, but this hurts my arms!"
 Was this picture taken in the 1960s? He looks so young.
 Hey, Mike Scioscia looks just a little bit like Chevy Chase.
 What's that, off in the distance? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
 Fleer Ultra was probably my favorite product of the 1990s. The cards were great and the insert sets were well thought out and innovative. Some would call them gimmicky.
 Another pack, another Hafner.
 Randy sure got around in the last few years of his career.
 I have way too many Dan Haren cards.

 Danks for nothin'! The background's kind of neat. I'm not sure what's going on though, and I don't really care enough to find out. It looks like someone took a ride on the Chicago El and just shot a picture out the window with a first-generation iPhone.
 Let's end here. No foil, but great photography from Upper Deck, usually.
 Not bad. I bet we can do better.
 Now that's what I'm talking about. A great action shot, with both teams in the picture. Dust is flying everywhere, and Yunel probably got another triple on this play.




 Hmmm... Getting kind of monotonous. I guess with the Update packs they just wanted shots of players in uniforms.


Not the best ending, but not bad. I think my scanner cut off part of the card.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see they had a pack of Heritage in there for you... love that stuff. I'm always tempted to pick up one of these repack boxes, but just haven't pulled the trigger. Maybe it'll be one of my goals for 2012.

    ReplyDelete