Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Quick poll on the left side margin!

As I was preparing this week's posts about my card show finds, I repeatedly ran into my spreadsheet listings for press plates. Each color of plate is listed as a separate set in the Beckett database, and each color is numbered as 1 of 1. However, each of the four plates is required to make one card, so despite being a separate color, they're essentially the same card.

To make matters worse, some sets include the back plates in addition to the front, turning 4 plates to 8. And I remember there being at least one set with a fifth color plate.

As a player collector, set collector, just collector in general, what are your thoughts on this topic? Do you include them in your want lists? Do you consider them to be the same as one of ones? Would you be happy with just a single plate of your favorite player/set or do you want all four? Leave comments below, but please vote in the simple poll on the left side. If you consider all four plates to be four separate sets, mark yes. If they are four versions (or variations) of the same set, mark no. If you don't even count them at all in your collection, well, there's an option for that too. Any other thoughts can be added to this post below!

1 comment:

  1. I want all four, but I think I'm in the minority on this one!

    ReplyDelete