Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hit me baby, one more time!

Ahh, Britney Spears. She has nothing to do with this post. I just wanted to use that song lyric to show off some pickups from one of my local card shops.

First, a couple '11 Topps hits:
 I pulled a Heyward autograph from this insert set out of a retail rack pack, but haven't been able to get my hands on a relic yet. So JD Drew goes into the samplers.
 Likewise with the Silks. With these two cards, my 2011 Topps sampler collection sits at 55%, which is pretty impressive. (Granted, Opening Day is 100% if you ignore the four plate sets.) I'm still missing a few 60 Years of Topps and CMG Reprint cards. I liked the idea of silks when they first came out, but they've kind of become a tired gimmick.

I also picked up three Astros relics to use as trade bait. If Sam doesn't bite, maybe someone else will?
 This Jeff Bagwell jersey from 2004 Flair is numbered 092/125.

 This Craig Biggio is numbered even lower: 65/88. From 2002 Leaf Certified.

Last on the hit list, this Craig Biggio relic from 2006 Bowman Heritage. It isn't numbered, but it's a decent little swatch. Hey, that picture was taken when he was on the on-deck circle!

They had one box, but not packs, of Gypsy Queen - $185. Unbelievable! I didn't pick up any packs of anything today, but seeing dayf take a break from posting every single GQ card he has to show this year's Topps HTA cards invited me to ask the shop if they had any cards. Why, yes, they did! And would you like an entire set now? Sure! So while I probably wouldn't have put the set together, and instead just picked up a sample card, I now have the whole thing. I'll post a gallery of the cards sometime in the next week or so.

1 comment:

  1. Chomp chomp... that's me biting on those first two Astros cards... I already have the third one...

    Any way I can talk you out of that silk card? If so, I could send you both the Bard and the Victor Martinez, plus I can probably knock out some of those 2011 inserts you're needing... e-mail me...

    ReplyDelete