Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge (Day 19)

Day 19: A favorite card from a country other than the United States

I could take the easy route. I live in Japan and have a ton of cool Japanese cards to choose from. Menkos, old Calbee cards, bromides, autographs, relics. Ichiro's rookie card. And so on, and so on, and scooby dooby doo.

Instead, let's dig deep.
 
First is this autographed card from the CPBL. It's numbered out of 200, and is one of two autographs I have from CPBL releases. I like it not just because it's autographed, but because it has a clean, attractive design. If I remember correctly, the base cards from this year had a similar color scheme with a design that resembles a letter or envelope. It has hints of retro but isn't quite throwback.

I really should go back to Taiwan to visit the card shops and go to more games. And do some sightseeing too, of course!
I also really like this credit card-style card from 1991 (if I'm doing the year-math correctly). It's one of the first CPBL card issues and has a nice clean design. Plus, it's difficult to damage! While the CPBL is still young, it's great to have some cards from the league's infancy.

I have a few other CPBL cards, but not enough. I'd really like to get caught up on my type collection and discover what they've offered up over the past five years!

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of the CPBL until now. Elephants are awesome! That'd be my favorite team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Taiwan baseball. Their history may be short but it's riddled with scandal. Going to a game in one of the smaller cities is like going to a high-energy single-A game, or smaller AA game.

      Of course you like the Elephants... you like the A's!

      Delete