Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

I'm In: The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge (Day 1)

I'm a day late and a dollar short. But Tony at Off Hiatus Baseball Cards posted a challenge to post a card every day based on a specific theme. I'm totally about this; other than slipping in some new release posts in the next week or two (depending on when stuff hits shelves here in Japan) I can still post quickly and get caught up around my apartment!

The concept is simple. Here's the list:
Technically, this is April 2. So you'll get two posts today so I can be caught up!

Day 1: A card from the current year with a photo you like
I thought about putting a Japanese spin on this challenge, but I instead decided to mix things up a bit, sometimes going Japanese, sometimes US.

John Goodman is one of my favorite actors; even when he's in a "crappy" movie he generally puts out a good performance. Granted, he usually plays the out-of-shape father, but I enjoy his roles. He put out an interesting pose on this card before throwing out the first pitch at Busch Stadium.
That's a pretty short video. I'm glad to see he's doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent pick. But why the heck did Topps have to chop off his pointer finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta center that body! He's lost weight but still the card could fall over if it's not properly balanced...

      Delete