Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge (Day 6)

Day 6: A card you spent more than $10 to get
I guess when it comes to autographed printing plates, less than $10 is tough to do. This one was only $12.50 plus shipping!

If you didn't know I'm a Buck Farmer super-collector (the Buck Farmer super-collector), you do now. I have almost all of his cards: 235 with this one, out of 274. The remaining 39 cards: printing plates (six different), 1/1s, numbered out of five cards (just three of those), numbered out of 10 cards (just three needed), and five cards from the Panini Georgia Tech set issued last year - the black and gold parallels, and the black, silver, and gold autograph parallels, if they exist. (So, eleven cards, six printing plates, and 22 1/1s).

Do you know of any of those cards? My player collection want list has more detail.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're off to a decent start! It's pretty early in the season though.

      Delete
  2. All of the Torrens printing plates I've acquired have cost me dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting plates when a set is first released brings a high premium, but people have lost interest in the set and Farmer isn't exactly a highly-ranked prospect. There is that guy on eBay though still asking $400 for his Superfractor and $125 for a red autograph. Ugh.

      Delete