Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trading Greats with an Argyled Pinafore

Have you read this yet? (BadWax.net)

If you don't know who I'm talking about, where have you been? Of course I mean Greg Z, Dodger fan and writer of Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle. I found a Russell Martin autograph a few weeks ago (has it really been that long) and we hashed out a trade. He sent along a collection of cards for the Awards collection, including who he hopes will be this year's NL MVP and Cy Young winners: Kemp and Kershaw.

 I didn't realize it until I put the Garvey on the scanner: it's a 60 Years of Topps card. The dual Torii cards are most welcome, because I never find his cards in the dime boxes - not sure why.

The centerpiece of the trade was this Tony Gwynn bat relic. It's a nicely-presented card, although it's obvious it was designed with the relic in mind.

As always, thank you Greg!

1 comment: