Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bad news

I had a fantastic day today. I had a great time with a good friend all day long. And then I checked email. The job I expected to get in Japan, with the promising interview, was not offered to me. There are other prospects, and it's not the end of the world, but it sure feels like it. Needless to say, I'm not much in the writing mood, and for that matter I'm not in the mood to do much at all. But I know I need to write this, just to help me out emotionally. In fact, writing just this paragraph has helped a lot. I just know, reading the email, I could feel the depression set in.

I'm probably going to be sporadic in my posts for a while. Then again, maybe I'll be inspired to write a whole bunch of posts. I'm not exactly sure. I'll be okay. I'll be keeping up with reading. I have plenty of cards to scan, write about, and catalog. I have extras to sort so I can finally clear them out. Plus, I have so much else I can do.

As I said, I'll be okay. I need to work this anger and disappointment off. It could be a day, a week, a month. I know writing will help get my mind off things, but (only an hour after the fact) talking about happiness just isn't in me.

But thank you for reading and your support over the past several months. I don't feel that I say that enough. It's been great talking and trading cards, and it will continue. This isn't the end, and maybe not even a break. Only time and my heart will tell.

9 comments:

  1. Tough news. I'm actually going through something right now that makes me not want to write about baseball cards, too. But write I will, because it always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the job. Hopefully something even better will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, find that writing is therapeutic. And even if there's things you don't want to write here and share with us, maybe you could write them down somewhere else. I find that putting my emotions onto paper is a good way to get them out of my head.

    Hope things turn around for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the bad news Ryan. Something better usually turns up, and I'm sure it will for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Ryan. Hope something good comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stick with it. You need a distraction from your troubles sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your head up! I know that lame cliche doesn't help at all. Maybe I'll send cards. That's better than a cliche any day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could leave you with some cliche saying, but I won't. I know it sucks not getting a job you thought you had a chance at getting. I hope things turn around for you soon. In the mean time would it help getting some cards in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand, I haven't posted much either lately. Take your time and do what you need to do. We will all be here when you come back. I agree with Morgan, it always helps to write stuff down, write an e-mail to someone but don't send it, stuff like that always helps me.

    ReplyDelete