Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

New stuff most of us don't care about part two: Topps Tier One

 Scheduled for a mid-November release, this is another one of those major-mojo-based sets. The base cards are most likely going to have that Tribute shine to them, and the base card design (above) is similar. Each pack will contain two autographs and one relic, plus three base cards and one parallel. There are four tiers of parallels. If this was $50 per pack, I would have a bit of interest, not that I could afford it anyway. More likely, we're looking at Triple Threads/Tribute prices.
 If you ever wonder why you don't pull patch cards from most Topps products (and thus the relic sets are never interesting), it's because all the patches end up in sets like this. Beautiful, but way out of my price range. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It is not a dual patch card when both pieces come from the same jersey!
 That's more like it. I'd rather see one larger patch than two pieces of the same patch separated by a sliver of cardboard.
What high-priced product would be complete without the major mojo? Pujols is one of the Tier One signers, meaning you have approximately a 1 in 20 chance of pulling his autograph from a case. Tier One autographs appear one per 12-box case.

No comments:

Post a Comment