Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Going Postal: This is NOT a trade post.

It was only a matter of time. With all the craziness going on around here - cards stacked all over the place, literally, as I was sorting through my collections - I have cards and I don't know where they came from. Well, I do now. But for a short while, I panicked. Panicked is a funny word. Why is there a k in it? We don't panick. We panic. Silly English. Yes, I realize paniced would most likely be pronounced panissed. Anyway, I digress. Wes (jaybarkerfan) sent along a nice package in his Summer of Giving/Pay It Forward Card Project. He sent me a great selection of Giants and Team USA cards, and a nice letter explaining the project (which is what I lost, which is what took me so long to figure out who sent the package, since I couldn't remember the name of the project to look it back up). Wow. Convoluted thinking, huh?
 The Giants cards were great - this is a selection of some of the ones I didn't need. It was funny seeing Brian Wilson without a beard! It appears Robby Thompson is simply levitating over what appears to be Eric Young. Young played with the Rockies in '93 (that's a '94 card) but with the Dodgers in '92, so it must be a picture from the 1992 season. There were a few of those Interleague Moments cards in the stack, commemorating the "first" whatevers in interleague games, and the Giants have a few since they were most likely in the first interleague game.
 A couple cards for the recently-expanded Awards/Leaders collection! I think Wes sent these. Everything got mixed up at some point.
 I only scanned a couple of the Team USA cards, but both of these are the first in the set for me. The Teixeira is from what I believe was a box set (which I may have, but I don't remember).
A couple broke-foots! The 2011 card is for the PC, while that card on the right is actually from 60 Years of Topps Series 2, and I needed it for that set!

Thanks, Wes! I'll be sure to pay it forward too!

1 comment: