Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Nagoya Shops and Show (Part 4) (The Women!)

What you've all been waiting for, the pictures of women on cards. Well, here you go:
I believe I paid about $1 for this card at the card show. I picked it up because shiny? I dunno, it was cheap. When I pulled it out of the binder, the dealer said (in Japanese) it's been a long time. She would have been popular around 2003-2005, so I guess it has been a long time.
Sleepy Hollow wasn't exactly a hit movie back in 1999, and it wouldn't be until 2015 that a TV show based on the story would come to be. None of the big stars signed cards for this set, but Lisa Marie, Casper Van Dien, Jeffrey Jones, and Danny Elfman all have autographs. I certainly wouldn't mind the Jones and Elfman autographs, and the Van Dien if it would finish off the set. I have the base set of cards already. There are some insert cards in this set I would like, too. But there's too much on my collecting plate/want list as it is!
 I remember watching reruns of Get Smart on Nick at Nite. I was too young to be into Barbara Feldon but I enjoyed the show. I guess I'll have to try to watch it again someday!

The last two of these cards came from a dealer whose "shop" goes by the name Cornerstone Entertainment. He mostly does card shows now but it looks like he's getting an online store going; he doesn't really do Japanese cards, but I've picked up a bunch of inserts and hits from him at a few shows. I got one more card from him, but I couldn't scan it because it's so thick:
Here's a COMC image, since they all look the same. Prop Century cards don't have much eye appeal due to the lack of photos, but my plan is to eventually display these with 8x10s or some other accompanying memorabilia. Or they'll just sit in a box, like they do now. 

Okay, this series has been going on forever, but there is more to come. Hang tight! Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. Great stuff. I love pop culture autographs and memorabilia cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop culture stuff defined my collecting habits in college, but I sold off most of it when I graduated. And then I started reacquiring several of the cards I was stupid enough to let go. Won't do that again, I hope!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really need to watch the show again! It's been too long.

      Delete
  3. Nice stuff! Sounds like a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find some interesting cards and good bargains at shows here.

      Delete
  4. The Prop century cards are neat (I have a Jennifer Lawrence 1/1) I do wish they'd have photos though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I really miss are the Panini Americana sets. The last one was quite boring but had fun inserts. I actually put together a mini-master set of that.

      Delete
  5. OMG that Barbara Feldon card.... Jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a happy unexpected addition to my collection!

      Delete