Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Red Foley heads to the Twins' City.

I'm currently on vacation. I figure this is a good time to share more from Red Foley's Cartoon History of Baseball. As I've mentioned before, I wish they would update the book - and sell it in trading card form! Today, we look at the Minnesota Twins.



Kirby Puckett is a legend, but I really like the Hitchcock reference in the 1970 panel. And unfortunately, the Twins have a history of poor performance, which is again reflected in the cartoons. A black hole for the pitcher's mound! I am very happy with the inclusion of the Twins' history in DC. Why didn't they draw a cartoon caricature of a president throwing out the first pitch?

2 comments:

  1. I love these. And you're right, they should be cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was working for Topps, or could secure an MLB and MLBPA license...

    ReplyDelete