Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Idol Card of the Week: Hello Mayuyu!

We get back into the pop star card features with this card from the 2012 AKB48 Trading Collection Part 2. I do not know how many series there are in all, though I've seen Part 5 for SKE48.
 Mayu Watanabe (nicknamed Mayuyu) is my favorite member of AKB48. I do not know why, though. Yeah, she's kind of cute. And there are a lot of other people out there who choose her as their favorite. So I'm not in the minority.
She's a bit strange, and is quite geeky - she's an anime nerd. I have a feeling that if she wasn't in AKB48, most guys wouldn't be interested in her... and maybe that's what makes her special. Everybody likes a girl next door.

Anyway, I learned most of what I know about her by poking around YouTube tonight for this post. There are some subtitled videos where she talks about her interests and her life. And I also learned that AKB48 members have to do some crazy stuff, like the AKBingo video I posted above. But it's fun to watch. Some of the skits I saw were really enjoyable! Maybe I'm becoming more and more Japanese every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment