Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, February 10, 2014

14,000 Cards but a Philly Ain't One

Matt of 14,000 Phillies was interested in some Japanese MLB cards from Sega CardGen and other MLB releases here. Guess what team he wanted.... Anyway, in return he had some stadium cards for subsets I'm trying to put together. 
  First, four cards from 2009 Upper Deck O-Pee-Chee. The team checklists that year usually had pictures of the stadiums. I'm not sure what happened with the Cardinals. The Mets and Rockies also have floating heads. It's hard to tell because my scanner crops black borders, but all of the cards above except the Giants are black bordered parallels. And I've been to the home stadiums of all four of these teams (old Yankee Stadium, though).
 Nine cards from the 2010 Upper Deck set. When the inside-the-park '09 OPC cards are combined with the facade '10 UD cards, you have a good pair of photos showing the stadium. Too bad not all parks have inside shots in '09 OPC. The 2010 UD cards have a really good write-up about the ballpark's history on the back.
The last, lonely card in the package is this Cracker Jack SP. There are several sets I'm half-heartedly collecting SPs for, and the 2004 Cracker Jack set has a ton of SPs I still need.

Matt's cards probably arrived a long time ago; the trade was completed early last year. But I didn't have the cards until recently and of course I'm still catching up... So a very belated thank you! I hope you enjoyed the Japanese cards I sent your way. For those of you looking to send me something from the above sets and a few others, I just cleared a bunch more, but my want lists might not be updated for a couple days.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention. I don't believe I've ever mentioned any of the trades I've made over on my site, and that is certainly a failing on my part. I plan on making a post on Japanese Phillies cards in the near future, and the ones you sent were certainly welcomed. If you ever come across any additional Sega Phillies prior to 2012 or the 2010 Japanese Kellogg's Chase Utley, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my eye out for the Utley. I sometimes see older Phillies, though they carry a premium price! I'll add your wants to my search list.

    ReplyDelete