Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, November 11, 2011

One card Monte, a color television, and a side of Mayo!

Isn't this a beautiful card?
 Only a few people know about this set: it's an extremely limited die-cut version of the 1952 Topps set. You won't find it in any guide, and PSA and BGS don't even know about it. But I have one now!

How did I get this fantastic card? Chris of the fantastic The Vintage Sportscards Blog held a contest giving away this gem. I recommend you visit his blog if you have any interest in vintage. He's been profiling several oddball sets that I hope to get my hands on someday (do you know about 1937 O-Pee-Chee?). The contest was back in August, and I guess Night Owl is right - nobody likes shipping cards alone. Chris felt sorry about taking so long (you didn't have to do this, Chris): he sent a couple extras along with the custom die-cut above.
 How about an Eddie Miksis from the 1955 Bowman TV set? It's not quite HDTV but I'll take it!
And my 1956 set progress just increased by 50% - yes, this makes three cards towards the 340 needed for a full set.

Thanks, Chris! I love the cards!

And this makes me literally laugh out loud. That is all:

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards, Sir.

    Thanks for giving them a better home than my dupes box could provide.

    ReplyDelete