Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to save two cents on Check Out My Cards!

I've been scrounging through Check Out My Cards for some type collection cards to be had a low-low prices. It's an easy way to search for some of the regional and team issues that I don't see at shows and aren't worth spending $3 with shipping on eBay. There's a seller on there with all his minor league singles priced at $2.95, which means the lowest I can offer him is about $1.50 per card - way too much in my mind for 1980s nobodies and even high for bulk purchases of late-'70s never-weres.

But I still found a good selection of cards to buy or make offers on, including an offer on three truly cheap cards. I usually just buy low-price cards right out without offers, but I had to try some savings on this offer. Check out the counter offer I received:
Yup. I'm going to save 2 cents. I offered him 50 cents on three cards that combined might have that as a book value. It's a 35 cent difference, and it's not going to break the bank, but I wonder: did he even look at what the asking price was? If he had countered with even 75 cents, I wouldn't be writing this post. So I countered him 75 cents. We'll see. (By the time this post goes live, things may have changed.)

1 comment:

  1. I've had some less than stellar counter offers but that's almost sarcastic. I'm almost never in a position on COMC where I feel I just have to have the cards so I usually reject these guys and move on. Good luck. PS Word Verification FLOPO like your seller's offer. ;)

    ReplyDelete