Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Will cards from 1993 ever be valuable?

I opened up some more Topps Series 2 - four rack packs, and I'm going to show off some of the better stuff from those packs. All my available and needed series 2 cards are located on this page. I need base, Kimball Champions, 60 Years of Topps, and a few of the Before There Was Topps.

This is pack three! Thirty-six cards, including seven inserts.


 Again, a selection of the base cards. Morgan there is either going to make a spectacular catch or give up an extra base or two for missing the ball. I like the Beltran picture, as long as it is an anomaly. I don't want to see half a set of cards taken from this angle.
 A nice 60 Years of Topps card for the set, and Marc Rzzyzzyx. That has to be the most difficult name to type in the MLB. I'm sure it's pronounced simply, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

 Some inserts I don't want. Both from the Cardinals.
And let's finish with horizontalness. Dale Murphy Kimball is nice. What did the code unlock?
If I hit "Flip Card" does it magically turn into something better?


No?


Damn.


Last pack tomorrow!


By the way, this is basically your last chance to get entered in my contest, if you haven't already! Details are located here! My family "guests" arrive in the middle of the day, so it will probably be the evening before I post the results - I'll tally up all the entries, enter everything into random.org, hit shuffle three times, and we'll have a winner! Actually, four winners. Based on the number of comments, it looks like you currently have about a 1 in 10 shot at winning! Not bad odds.

1 comment: