Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, April 6, 2018

A New Old 1/1

2011 Playoff Contenders is a messy release. One thing Panini does do wrong is excessive parallels. Topps makes a bunch of these, too, but Panini kept an awful tradition from the 2000s-era Donruss/Playoff sets by making way too many parallels. And Contenders is really confusing; I need a spreadsheet or organizational chart or something to figure this out.

What I do know, though, is this Prospect Championship Ticket is a legit 1/1. Probably one of ten 1/1 versions of this card (shades of 2005 Diamond Kings!) but it is a 1/1.

And I love the Chargers uniform. I want to start a collection (maybe someday) of different teams' uniforms - minor leagues, colleges and universities, high schools, semi-pro, you name it. Maybe someday.... maybe someday.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting collection idea. Best of luck should you decide to pursue it. As for Owens... did you buy or pull this card? If you bought it... was there a reason behind it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it... well, won it in an auction. It's just going straight to my type collection, and anytime I can add a 1/1 to my collection at a decent price I'll do so!

      Delete
  2. Lol..I was just about to say that! Henry Owens seems to be the scourge of the collecting world, but a 1 of 1 is a 1 of 1. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of one's won one of ones might be but one one of one one won.

      Delete