Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Quad Signature Wrestlers!

BBM's Woman's Pro-Wrestling card sets have offered multi-signed cards as part of their releases, but none of them have really piqued my interest until this year.

Two quad-signed cards featuring wrestlers from a couple groups have proven to be pretty popular, and with a pretty low print run, they aren't exactly easy to find.

The card I have added to my collection is below:
 Up Up Girls originated as a Japanese idol music group, but has since spawned offshoot groups. One of those is the pro wrestling team of the same name. For what I can tell, only these four girls are in the group, and often just wrestle each other. It also seems that they work in tag team matches at least some of the time.

Up Up Girls actually got their start in 2011, from mega-producers Hello Project (you might have heard of Morning Musume?). They mostly performed as a group of seven, but two members have recently "graduated" and haven't been replaced - the group of five has continued performing as of last fall.

There's not much out there about the groups. It seems that the original idol group (or a recent spinoff?) focuses on having muscles and weightlifting, while the pro-wrestling group sings and dances... and wrestles. It's all quite confusing. And like there's some story-line similar to wrestling in the US. Really, after investing in this card, I should probably do a bit more research. They are still wrestling - I found news summarizing their matches from last weekend.
Anyway, the card is #32/40.

The other group I'm interested in is called Team Date. They've wrestled under the Ice Ribbon promotional group since 2017, and are all MMA artists from 14-21 years old (yes - one member is in junior high school). The members are Hana-Date, Karen-Date, Nao-Date, and Nori-Date; they all appear named along with their group. Date is pronounced in the traditional English way (i.e. "I'm going on a date with Britney tonight.").

Team Date's card is tougher to find. Even so, I hope to add one to my collection soon - I'd rather get the quad-signature card than try to chase down the four single-signed cards!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I was able to get an Up Up Girls quad autograph as well. The Team Date autographs seem to be pretty popular, both as individuals and as a group. I was also able to add one of the kiss-mark cards from the product to my collection. One of these days I'll blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting an autograph of your own! Team Date must be more popular than Up Up Girls, or perhaps there's one crazy fan trying to buy all of the Team Date autographs. I don't think I've seen a kiss card from this year's product, though I might have and I just ignored it as I was looking for the quad autos.

      Delete