Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Train-ing Time: A Pack of Train Cards

On my other blog, one of the October snacks was a package with gum and some train cards. I thought I might share those cards here as well!

For about $1, you get, well, a square of gum and two train cards. There are 20 cards in the set, so with perfect collation it takes only $10 to build a set. 
 They aren't black and white, it just looks that way because the train has very little color. The photos are full-bleed, with the train model and operator at the bottom (800 series, JR Kyushu).
 The backs are black and white, with lots of details on the train.
 The other card I pulled is from JR East, the 0 series, all the way from 1964.
It's amazing that the 800-series bullet train reaches 260 km/hr, while the 50-year-old 0 series hits 220 km/hr. Not much of an improvement if you ask me!

There are several other train sets out there, and if there's any interest I'll hunt some cards down. Just leave a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Those are actually quite cool. There are probably a bunch of train aficionados in the US who would love those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son loves trains. I have to find some train cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad there's some interest! I'll see what I can find next weekend - both for the blog and trade/sell.

    ReplyDelete