Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Evangelion 3.0 Postcards: You Can (Not) Mail.

I tend to poke around Akihabara a bit more than I'm proud of. I really enjoy people-watching there, though, and my favorite kebab don (rice bowl) restaurant is in Akihabara. Plus, I can browse through a bunch of shops and hope to find something new and interesting.
 Recently I've been gaining interest in Evangelion. I've never seen a full episode, but I've caught clips here and there on YouTube, and eventually I'll get and watch the actual series. I randomly came across sealed envelopes of Evangelion 3.0 postcards in a shop one afternoon, and grabbed 2 to see what I'd get.
The cards have silver foil for the characters' names, border elements and the Evangelion 3.0 logo.
 The cards are pretty nice looking, with what I guess is artwork from the 3.0 film.
 Backs have space so the cards can be used as actual postcards. Both cards have identical backs, so there are no numbers.
This is the front of the packaging. The text at the bottom indicates (if I'm reading it properly) that there's one card inside (which I already knew) and six total in the series. That means I'm 1/3 of the way there! Opening these is just like opening packs, except I can kind of see the card front inside the envelope.

I'm going to have to go back to the store and see if I can finish the set. They weren't expensive and they look good and crisp.
This would be the first clip I ever saw of Evangelion. Yeah, thanks, internet.

Are there any Evangelion fans following my blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment