Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

1973 is Getting Closer!

Down to 31 left!

I'm slowly whittling down the 1973 Calbee Crossed Bats set. My two recent pickups:
 Katsuya Sugawara has back-to-back cards in the set, but he's just a common.
And #57 is Masaji Hiramatsu, a semi-star who also has back-to-back cards in the series.

Two of the remaining cards are the two key cards, and 28 are the elusive "high" series. The search continues!

7 comments:

  1. >Masaji Hiramatsu, a semi-star...

    He's also a Meikyukai member and a 2017 inductee into the Japanese Baseball Hall Of Fame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Price-wise... There are a lot of US HOFers who aren't much more than semi-stars in terms of prices. I should have specified!

      Delete
    2. It does amaze me how cheap vintage cards of Japanese Hall Of Famers can be while cards of Yutaka Enatsu who isn't in the Hall Of Fame and gave up his Meikyuaki membership after his drug bust are much more expensive. Not that Enatsu cards shouldn't be expensive - the guy is popular.

      Delete
    3. Part of it is the team. Who in their right mind would be a Whales fan? At least, back when they were the Whales. Lots of BayStars fans now, somehow, though... It's all quite confusing.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the search and I hope you can complete the set soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I have luck in the next month visiting some shops I haven't checked yet, I might be able to finish it soon. Otherwise... maybe never.

      Delete