Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Transcending Into Opening Day!

Now that the season is getting underway, hopefully I can make it to a few games this season. I got to three NPB games and three Shikoku Island League games last year, so perhaps I can match that in quantity, and hopefully quality!

Wait, what's that? Not your ordinary Topps parallel, is it? This is a Transcendence VIP Party 1/1 stamped with the 2017 All-Star Game logo. And while some cards apparently aren't actually 1/1, this seems to not be on that list. And that might remain my only card from a Transcendence release for a long time. This is one of the cards given away at the party in so-called "Silver Packs". Other than the foil stamping on the front, it's the same as any other regular Topps card. But it's still cool to have a card that ultimately came from a $25,000 pack.
Happy Opening Day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, another parallel I have to live in fear of existing for the 2017 Torrens card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are at least partial lists of what cards were given away at the Transcendent party. I don't know for sure, but I doubt every card from the flagship set was used - it seems like lots of Bowman and other sets were included too.

      Delete
  2. $25,000 pack (of non-vintage trading cards). Donald Trump is residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Two things I'd thought I'd never see.

    ReplyDelete