Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

He's No Vin Scully, and That's Great

Before all you Dodgers (and other) fans get up in arms about me hating Vin Scully, let me tell you that I don't. He's an icon of baseball history, and I enjoyed listening to his broadcasts as much as the next guy.
But I like Bob Costas more. The biggest reason was his book, Fair Ball: A Fan's Case for Baseball. But beyond that, he's been more audible throughout my life than Scully, through baseball and the Olympics, mostly.
I was happy to add this card to my collection, after waiting quite some time for a decent price. Now, all I need is an affordable Keith Olbermann autograph, and I'm set!

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read the book... but I've always enjoyed Costas... especially for his work with the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might remember him more from Olympics broadcasts than baseball. There's no telling. He's done so much that really I've probably tied him to 50 different events.

      Delete