Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Poster Card

I can't remember the last time I saw a Star Wars movie in the theater. I guess it was during the prequels - I probably saw Episode II but I might have missed Episode III. Okay, get mad at me. Whatever. I love Star Wars, and I love going to the theater, but sometimes things happen. I'm pretty sure I saw 3 in theaters, but by then I was kind of over the prequels. One had the best Anakin, Two had the best Padme, and Three had... um... clones?

And because 3.5 and 7 have come out since I moved to Japan, I've just been waiting to watch them at home. Going to the theater now is expensive, and it's difficult here to time it so you can see the movie in English. Usually big budget movies are dubbed into Japanese, but the first showing of the day at some theaters are in the original language with Japanese subtitles.

So that's how I saw the movie on Christmas Day, 2017. I met up with my friend and her son, and his cousins (on the father's side) for my first IMAX in forever. An early 10:00 start along with subtitles meant that there were very few people in the theater (besides, Christmas is not a holiday, so most adults were at work). 

I am going to say I enjoyed the movie. It was different from the original three and the prequels, and it wasn't perfect, but I'm far from dissatisfied. 
This card came free with an IMAX ticket - it's slightly larger than my scanner, making it a bit bigger than an A4 sheet of paper. That's why it's not quite lined up properly. My scanner clipped it a little, but there is an IMAX logo in the lower-left corner. I like this art style, and if I had all of the films with mini-posters like this it would make for a nice wall display somewhere.Maybe someday I can do something like that?

Looking on eBay, it seems that there is a set of four. I'm guessing that a different poster was available each week, based on some of the listings. I do know that everybody in my group got the same poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment