Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, January 22, 2018

New Autograph: Yuna Hiraiwa

Things have been busy this week, as I've been settling in for a longer-term stay at a school. So my posts have been brief, but I'm happy to say that I've been able to post consistently so far this year. I hope it can continue!

My Women in Sports collection isn't restricted to specific sports, but I do focus mainly on gymnastics. It's my favorite Olympic sport and it's been featured in several card sets.

BBM has issued a few box sets for the Japan national gymnastics team over the years, and I've made it one of my goals to try to get one autograph or relic for every team member who has one. Some of these athletes have appeared in the Real Venus/Shining Venus series, while others are in the gymnastics box sets. Rie Tanaka had her own box set, but her autographs are quite pricey, so I've stuck with just a relic card.
 Yuna Hiraiwa is still active in gymnastics, though there isn't much out there. She started college this school year, but appears to still be participating.
Here's the back; this card is numbered out of 110. I believe it's her only autograph.

If you're interested, here's a video of Yuna in action:

2 comments:

  1. Yuna has one of the coolest signatures ever! I hadn't been interested in gymnastics since the days of Mary Lou Retton... but back in September, one of my students told me that he competes. His mom is the school nurse and keeps us posted with YT videos of his performances. It's pretty awesome what they can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the subject of Olympic sports comes up, my answer is always gymnastics. Some of their moves I can't believe are possible.

      Delete