Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Out of Order

My computer died on Monday.

I had mentioned that it was being quite unpredictable, though after several tries it would finally boot up, at which point it seemed to be relatively stable.

I had some difficulties in the days leading up to my summer vacation in getting it going and it took quite a while to get it working when I returned, so I didn't turn it off for about two weeks.

When I woke up Sunday morning, it had crashed. I was unsuccessful at fully reviving it all day Sunday and it wasn't until Monday evening that I could actually get past the startup screen.

Unfortunately, it wouldn`t connect to the network, so I pulled the couple of recent files remaining over to my portable drive and tried to restart it. 

Not only did it never restart, it no longer tried. It was completely dead.

I spent Monday afternoon shopping around Akihabara and I`ve found a replacement. I think I got a pretty good deal but it was a special order and it won`t be here until September 8. 

In the meantime, I could post using Blogger on my iPhone, but it is difficult to write even with my Bluetooth keyboard, and I cant insert photos like I do with a computer. So as you have seen, the blog is dormant until my new machine is up and running.

So yes, I am fine, and things are busy but well. But for the next week and a half to two weeks, I won`t be posting anything. So, see you then!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I went through the same thing last year when my computer kicked the bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got an unstable computer myself. Fortunately, I have a laptop as well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corky: Thanks!

    Swing And A Pop-up: This is the first time I've been stuck without a backup. Thankfully I'm up and running again!

    ReplyDelete