Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Red Foley on Baseball: Chicago White Sox

Yet again, I find myself missing true cartoons on cards. And real history on cards. While Panini has made an effort in those areas (I enjoy Triple Play, Cooperstown, and Golden Age) I wish there was a cartoon history set made similar to this! Unfortunately, Panini can't do that because they can only show the players, not the uniforms. Here's Red Foley on the history of the Chicago White Sox.




2 comments:

  1. This is cool. What magazine did it come out of? I'm sure glad the Sox fired LaRussa back in 86.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comes out of an actual book full of these things, but it was sold back in the 90s. It's soft cover and about the same size as paper (8-1/2 x 11") if I remember correctly.

    LaRussa sure had a tough time in the late 80s, didn't he...

    ReplyDelete