Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gregory, Thy Cards Are Awesome

Greg has been eyeing my blog, watching my pack and box busts and accumulating a short stack of cards. In return for what I sent him, he tossed my way an A&G relic from 2008 (going in my sampler collection), and a nice stack of cards for the awards/leaders collection.
Two Tommy Lasordas were in the stack, and I had to show them off here. 1981 Tommy looks so much thinner than 1988 Tommy (although that '88 is actually a 2001 Archives, and I don't remember if they used year-accurate photos or replaced them with something else). And there's a good selection of interesting cards - I couldn't show them all - including one of those Score Dream Team subset cards, a couple of the Upper Deck TC art cards, and that Jimmy Dean card of Yaz. Mark Portugal sure had a high leg kick. I didn't realize you had to be a gymnast to pitch for the Astros.
There was also an O-Dog card (I actually played baseball with him for a couple weeks before Spring Training a few years ago), and that shiny A-Rod goodness you see there.
Gregory's blog is Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle... if you didn't get the reference in the title. Thanks a ton, Greg, and let's do this again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards! And yes, trade again we shall. Especially if you keep pulling Dodgers stuff haha.

    ReplyDelete