Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Check-ing Off Some More Calbee

So many Calbees, so little money and time.

If you've forgotten, I'm working on Calbee's 1973, 2000, 2004, 2005, and 2016 sets. I've neglected some of them for a while, but now that I've refocused my efforts on knocking them down I've made some nice progress!

That includes this 2016 Calbee checklist:
 I don't believe current checklists are limited, but some sellers charge premiums as if they are more rare than regular cards. So my want lists are full of stars, Star Cards, and ... checklists. Nineteen cards left to get for this set!

However, I think the checklists were limited in the past. These Ichiro checklists from 2000 usually cost a small fortune each. I only paid an arm and a leg.
But that means this part of the 2000 set is complete! All that's left are some ON (Oh and Nagashima) and Titleholder inserts, and the complete second series.

7 comments:

  1. A checklist in Japanese, gotta be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until you try to use it...

      Japanese cards are pretty cool, though!

      Delete
  2. That is a cool Ichiro sequence! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Ichiro checklists are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo sequences are pretty cool, but BBM overdid it later. I think players with unique deliveries or swings are best.

      Delete
  4. Except for the 73s I have a fair number of doubles from the other sets so I might be able to fill in some for you if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete