Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, February 3, 2017

And another one gone, and another one gone...

Another one bites the dust.

These past two weeks have been quite busy at work - I'm pulling overtime now, something that almost never happens. This is the busy time of year anyway, but this is a little more than usual.

That doesn't mean that I'm not hunting for cards. Three of my 20(!) goals for this year are complete, and I'm hacking away at the others slowly but surely.

Last month I posted about a sticker set based on a trading card game, and now finally that set is finished.
Aikatsu went through a reboot last year, and I haven't seen any cards in the new version that pique my interest. The cards are shinier - like a thin version of Chrome, really - and there are no real people shown as they occasionally were in the past (as far as I can tell). This sticker finishes the calendar sticker set, which covers April 2015 to March 2016 and was included free on Suntory soda bottles in the early spring of 2015. They're a decent bit smaller than regular cards, much like the Topps mini inserts around 2012-2014, and maybe a little smaller.

I'm not done with the Aikatsu cards themselves, though. I have a list of specific cards I want and some of them are pretty rare. A couple of them are listed on YJA for around $30-50 for a single card. That's about 30 times the price I'm willing to pay, so I'll wait and hope for a better deal.

In all, there are 179 Japanese sets that I'd like to complete (or, in a few cases, give up on). That number is up from what I started the year with, though my goal is to get down to at most 150 sets. Finishing this set is a good step, but there are lots more to go!

2 comments:

  1. 179 Japanese set? In the words of George Takei... "oh my"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's now worse than my US list. But it's so much harder finding Japanese singles. A lot of those are sets that may never get finished, or I might not even ever find another single for. But I am making progress on some of them thanks to my new-found motivation.

      Delete