Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

More Canned Air: Two for Two with Mayu

The non-baseball posts continue with yet another Japanese souvenir.
One of my recent pickups was a can of air. The image above is a second can of air, this time from different event. If you missed that previous post, a series of cans were sold purporting to have been sealed with air from the event stage. There's a pull tab on the top so you can open it up and inhale, but I'm not interested in that. Instead, I bought this for my collection of Mayuyu merchandise.
In addition to the can with a nice label, there is a coin-slot top to turn your opened can into a bank and a "life photograph" of Mayu Watanabe.

As far as I know, there have only been two series of cans issued, so my set is complete at this moment. If nothing else, this is a great conversation piece on a shelf. Like those Pinnacle Inside cans from the late 1990s.

2 comments:

  1. I really, really want someone on YouTube to record themselves opening one of these cans. I gotta know if it smells like anything other than the inside of a tin can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I am very curious. But not curious enough to waste my "investment" on it.

      Delete