Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Menko Madness: Road Sign and Space-War Backs

Today's menko cards are similar to yesterday's. The arrangement of the design elements on the back is identical, and the fronts again have images from television shows.

I'm guessing that at least some of the photos on the front are from the same shows as yesterday's cards: I definitely see Ultraman. These could have come from a newer series of the same show; just like the Power Rangers, many Japanese hero shows evolve or reboot from season to season or every few seasons.

The backs again have a playing card in the upper-left corner, a road sign with its meaning in the upper-right, a menko number on the bottom with a janken symbol in the bottom-right corner. This time, the images aren't all flying machines, and all appear to be related to military purposes. Given the layout, I am guessing these might have been designed by Maruten, similar to yesterday's cards, though the printer's mark is missing here. 

I've done just a little sleuthing on the roller coaster in the top scan but I haven't figured that one out yet. Eventually I'll spend some real time figuring it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment