Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, June 22, 2018

No, Really, I Do Collect MLB Cards

With all the NPB cards I put on this blog, you'd think that I've forgotten about American baseball. Did you know that there was an Aunt Jemima Pancake House in Disneyland? Anyway, while I don't show off many of my US card purchases, I do pick up what I can.

There was a card show last month, and now that I'm finally ready to start showing my treasures, let's start with some of the fun MLB cards I picked up.
 I've posted plenty about CardGen, but I'm still happy to grab singles when I find them.
 I really enjoyed Panini Golden Age. It was a good response to Allen & Ginter and Goodwin Champions, with an interesting mix of celebrities and sports stars from the past.
 The base set design was interesting though not exactly outstanding, though Panini also included a nice variety of inserts.
 Some of those inserts were based on old sets (Fan Craze and Nu Card Scoops, for example).

I didn't actually need these cards for any sets. I already have them all. But I didn't realize that when I got them, so they're just fun extras to look at for now. Eventually, I'll find them a nice home.
This card, however, came at a great deal. For $3, I finished my Bright Spots insert set with Derek Jeter. This was a steal, given how much it's been on COMC for a long time, and shipping prices on eBay now. (Seriously... $4 to ship a card?)

Anyway, I'll try to keep up the posts over the next two weeks. I have stuff scanned, but I'll be finishing up at my current assignment and then heading back to Hokkaido over the next few weeks, so things might get a bit busy. So, until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find the Card Gens? Shinjuku?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, all of these came from the card show. And those two Card Gens were all there were. I'd love to find a huge lot of these at a great price...

      Delete
  2. Lots of nice goodies in this post. I'm a big fan of almost anything related to Panini Golden Age. And that Jeter is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw that Jeter I got excited, and when I was told the price I had to keep from jumping for joy, given the price. I love Topps Laser!

      Delete