Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Just in Time for the 2018 Olympics: 2000 Olympic Set Finished!

What must be the most comprehensive Olympic team set ever issued is finally in the books.

Upper Deck and MRM released a huge set of Japanese National Team players who were slated to compete in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. I know not every player on every national team isn't there - several baseball players are missing for sure. But speaking of which:
 Sugiura was the final player I needed for the baseball team set. But I'm not going for the baseball team set, I want the whole 264 card set. So in jogs this guy:
Hidetoshi Nakata is one of the key cards in the set, though it's really hard to say who have the true most important cards in the set. Some of the judo cards cost me almost as much as this card, and baseball players naturally are more in demand.

These two cards finished my set... sort of. After getting both in the mail from a Yahoo seller, I sorted out all of my cards, and found I was missing the last card in the set (a checklist) and I had two of a different checklist. I scrounged around all of my boxes to see if I overlooked it (and I might still have), but I didn't find it. So I stopped off at a local shop and was happy to find they had one, so while the checklist is technically my last card to finish the set, I'm counting Nakata as the final card I needed!

Once I get the whole set scanned, I'm going to consider how I can present it all on the blog... 264 cards are a lot!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the set. It seems more often than not, I'll think I'm finally finished with a set... but after double checking I discover I need another 1 or 2 cards. Can't wait to see the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the set and thanks for finishing my subset of it!

    ReplyDelete