That means, now that it's next year, it's time to decide where to focus my energy for the next 365 days.
Let's start with the blogging goals for 2016.
- Fully update my card shop posts and publish the card shop directory I've mostly put together already.
- Finish up the Japanese card index page.
- Seriously, get those Calbee set posts done!
- Go back to the Idol Card of the Week posts.
- Post timely new release information for Japanese cards.
Do these look familiar? Basically, I copied over my plans from last year. And they don't require much explanation.
Now for my collecting goals.
- Finish the 1973 Topps set. I've been working on this for five years now, but most of the cards have come from Jim and a few other bloggers/readers. I knocked a few off the list around Black Friday, but most of what's left are high numbers and stars. Including the Schmidt rookie.
- Get the nine remaining relics I need for my players collection. A couple are fairly rare, so if I can get five I'll be happy. Additionally, pick up 20 of the 40 "hits" I want (mostly autographs or memorabilia of celebrities).
- Fully update 2014-present in the Japanese baseball type collection, and organize the non-sport type collection.
- Reduce my Japanese sets wanted list from 162 to 100. I will probably delete at least 30 sets, but I'd like to actually finish some of the sets too.
- I have 428/1023 foreigners in my NPB collection. I'd like to reach at least 500 this year. (As a side goal, I should spend a few hours researching to see which players don't actually have NPB cards. And the list needs to be updated for 2015.)
- Somehow deal with the Japanese Baseball Stadiums and Japanese Awards collections.
- My US card set want list is at 174 sets right now. I'd like that to drop to 125. (1973 Topps is first on that list!) Additionally, there is a "full set" want list that has 59 sets; I want to reduce that to 50 sets.
- Finish my set runs of Upper Deck and Stadium Club. UD is really close: I need 2003 and Pujols' 2001 rookie. SC is a bit more of a challenge, with 1997, 1999, and 2015 needing full sets; 2003, 2008, and 2014 are partially complete. I can't finish 2014 until I can get a want list created; I have a lot of cards back in the US but I don't know the card numbers.
- Knock the Awards collection want list down to 200 cards; that's about half of the cards on it right now.
It turns out that I've set the same number of goals this year as last year, but I'm being a bit more ambitious in meeting those goals. I anticipate some major changes in my life this year, though I'm staying in Japan. No, I'm not expecting to get married or anything. But we'll see how things go!