Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Go Giants!

There. I said it. Someone in the baseball card blogging world is a Giants fan. 
I get it. A lot of people don't like the Giants. It's not as bad as the Yankees, of course. But you have Dodger fans, Oakland A's fans, and those that just can't get behind a team of oddballs. It reminds me of the Phillies, really. I can't like them, because they remind me too much of John Kruk and the disgusting looking Nasty Boys pitchers. 

But as a young baseball fan in 1989, try were the underdogs. The Giants weren't anything like they are today. Really, you could swap the A's and the Giants from then and now. In some ways. But SF was where I saw my first game. And SF is my hometown in my heart, no matter where else I've lived thus far. 

So I was pretty happy to see the news that the Giants won the World Series! Sure, they're somewhat of a dynasty now. But each victory has been as enjoyable as the last. 

I've been busy this week. I am feeling a lot better, as my situation has basically finally cleared itself. But I have a big trip soon and I am busy preparing for it. So until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only Giants fan who's a blogger (although the Giants share my affections with the Cardinals and Red Sox).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be the only baseball card blogger following the Giants. There is arpsmith, but I don't know if he has a blog.

    ReplyDelete