Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

No Junk in These Trade Bait Drafts!

Wes over at Jaybarkerfan's Junk has put on several trade bait drafts over the past year or so and I've participated in as many as possible. It had been so long since I had last received my mail from America that two of his draft packages were in my latest care package.

As usual, I went after cards to help my type collection and vintage collection.
 I went after vintage, of course. It seems he has plenty of vintage cards just laying around.
 Instead of the Nationals, the current Washington team should be called the Representatives. Because then we'd have the Senators and Representatives. Yeah, I'm being lame. Sorry.
 I picked up a bunch of relics and autos from his drafts, too.
 Ack! It's T.C.! I have no idea what year this card was issued and if it's part of a team issue or was just printed for the mascot. I've found a few variation scans online of it, too. It's a large card, maybe 5x7.
 I nabbed a couple Team USA singles.
 More vintage? Well-loved but welcomed.
 He doesn't look too happy.
 Nice cap! He doesn't look too happy either.
 As I said yesterday, I'll select anything in a draft if it'll fit in my collection!
 Who's Thomas Field? I don't care! This minor league single brings me one more card closer to the impossible goal of completion.
 There are very few leagues I haven't seen a game in, but the AZL is one of them.
One more autograph for the road. I really enjoy Wes's trade bait drafts. Keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment