Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, January 23, 2017

What is the plural form of Venus?

BBM didn't issue a Real Venus card set in 2016. Real Venus, for those of you who don't know, had been an annual multi-sport set featuring the most popular/most beautiful women in a broad range of sports. The set usually came out in December, just in time for Christmas; at least one year had special autographs with one of the athletes dressed as Mrs. Santa.

Instead of Real Venus, BBM will send out Shining Venus, the "successor" to Real Venus. I'll detail that release once it's out and I have my own set, but there really doesn't seem to be much difference - if any - to Real Venus.

But I'm still working on finishing the Real Venus sets. I have all of the base sets, but I only have a few completed insert sets. Each year includes one nine-card insert set.
The insert set name changes from year to year: Artemis is 2012, Aphrodite 2011. The 2010 set was called Heartful Venus and 2014 was Birth of Venus. The inaugural set (2009) was called Real Venus.

These three cards don't really stand out as special in the set, and the Aphrodite design is too busy. I do like Artemis with a dual picture on the front. But these three cards get me three cards closer to finishing the set run.

My 2013 and 2015 sets are finished, but I need 21 more insert cards across the other five years.

Oh, and the plural of Venus is Venuses.

4 comments:

  1. They are doing a special signed Valentine set in Shining Venus this year. Some pretty interesting sports they cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sports they include sometimes give me a laugh. There's been a unicycler for several years, for instance. I've seen the valentines popping up on YJA. They're pretty cool and I would love to have one. And there are New Years messages too.

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite sections in my Japanese binder is the Real Venus pages. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my most anticipated set of each year. There are a few good issues each year, but this is number one.

      Delete