Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

More Gum, More Cards

Yesterday's cards with the big team logos on them were more of a side purchase than an original intended search. I was really looking for these:
 These may look like 2002 Topps, but they're really Kanebo Gum cards from the first 2003 series.

When I first came to Japan, I focused only on my type collection. Really, I didn't know anything else and that first year was a learning experience. I had seen these cards in my guide so I knew they existed but I was only concerned with building my one collection. It wasn't too long before I started getting sets and finding smaller sets to collect, and recently I decided to go after these Kanebo sets too.
I'm only showing six cards, but I now have almost the entire set. This first series is only 55 cards, and Zippy Zappy beat me to having the full set (he found a complete set somewhere at a great bargain).

The real challenge will be getting or completing the second series; it has 110 cards and might be in shorter supply.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I've wanted to buy that set for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the set Zippy Zappy bought completely intact. For like $10. I'm close enough to completely finishing it now if I can find a good supply at a card shop. That second series remains mostly elusive though.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck on completing your set!

    ReplyDelete