Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Red Foley sets sail with the Mariners

I'm currently on vacation. I figure this is a good time to share more from Red Foley's Cartoon History of Baseball. As I've mentioned before, I wish they would update the book - and sell it in trading card form! Today, we look at the Seattle Mariners.

A team with a relatively short history and pretty much no success, the Mariners don't have much to write about. The team receives only two pages in the book, with only 5 panels per page. The highlight is Griffey, one of my favorite players. But the 1983 panel is pretty good, as long as you don't view it morbidly.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty decent illustration of Junior. There are a number of bad ones floating around out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah actually that's very lifelike, in cartoon-land at least. I think any illustration of Griffey is pretty nice, though there are some ones that don't look so realistic. Have you seen the Draw Your Own Card subset from Upper Deck MVP several years back? Those have some pretty funny drawings. But what do you expect from kids...

    ReplyDelete