Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, February 18, 2019

Neat-Oh!

From time to time, cards and/or sets don't properly get added to my lists. As accurate as I try to be, my type collection is missing plenty of listings, I'm sure, and I know my inventory isn't always accurate. 

One set that isn't quite right is BBM's 2000 O-N box set. The set was originally sold for 30,000 yen, which is about $300. Each set came with a 54-card set, and actually, there were two versions. You can read about the two versions, and NPBCardGuy's adventures with the set, here.

And you might recognize this card from his post:
This is #ON-B26. It comes from the Basic set. This card was sent to me by NPBCardGuy, and it's my first and only card from the set. I now need to chase down a regular base card of the basic and limited versions of the set... or just get the whole set. However I might do that.

Thanks, NPBCardGuy!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. As it happens (and as you know from my post) I have a couple extra cards from those sets if you want them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought that was a jersey swatch... and was like "oh damn". But then I realized it's a film cell... which is super cool in itself. I remember back in the 90's at least one insert set incorporated film cells into their cards. Hats off to BBM for their creativity... and NPB Card Guy for his generosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several of BBM's sets had film cell cards in the 90s and 2000s, but very few US sets have. Oh and Nagashima "suit" cards aren't so tough to find, but jersey cards are pretty rare. I would actually consider this type of card to be a form of manu-patch, though it is pretty cool.

      Delete