Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

New Hotness: The Sweetness

Let's get back into the swing of things... at least, kind of, I guess... with some fun cards for my collections.

First, some basic good news: I've managed to update (at least mostly)  my database with Epoch's releases for the past five years, something that's been lacking. And I have cataloged the 2017 MLB sets that have been released so far. I've also spent some time, effort, and money these past few days getting caught up on type collection, player collection, and set collection efforts. It's the small things, right?
 Why this card is sweet: It's a cartoon rendering of my favorite AKB48 girl, Mayu Watanabe. And I love cartoon/art cards. And it's actually a sticker. It's from the new (and probably already sold out) AKBikkuriman sticker set. No, I won't be chasing the whole set; my money is better spent elsewhere.
And here's an image of her from February to see what she really looks like in person. (photo credit)
 Rami-Chan (Alex Ramirez) is one of two players I collect NPB cards for. I added this second autograph, from BBM's 2015 Classic set, last month. I've made great strides on my Ramirez and Tanishige collections, needing mostly obscure cards at this point. Hopefully I'll find some good ones over summer vacation!
This bowling autograph from the 2015 BBM P-League set is one of my newest additions to my Women in Sports collection, and it's super-low numbered for Japan: the green autograph is numbered out of 35, as you can see on the scan of the card's back!

Well, that's it for today! Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Santa's little elf is pretty cute and has a gorgeous signature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish BBM would push out more of the non mainstream sports out of Japan. I like their eclectic taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this year especially has been pretty quiet. Then again, there really haven't been any big sporting events for Japan this year. (The WBC could have resulted in something, at least, but I guess not.)

      Delete