Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Two for Altuve

My player collections come in three flavors. I have regular collections with just the base Topps card from each year for that player; most of my PCs are in that bracket. There are some super collections - Charlie Hough, Geoff Geary, and Buck Farmer are up there. And then there’s Jose Altuve, who falls in the middle.

I get pretty much any Altuve card I can, though parallels, autographs, and relics stay off my want lists. I did pick up an autographed bat card and a jersey card so I could have a “trifecta” but those cards are in the US so I can’t show them here.

I did, however, pick up a couple new regular cards of his:
I busted a few packs of Opening Day this year, as usual. It’s cheap and helps me scratch that itch. I didn’t get Altuve, but I was able to trade for it.
And this 2014 Topps Turkey Red card popped up somewhere so I grabbed it too. 

With the exception of 2016 cards, my Player Collections are pretty well-managed. There are 18 Altuve cards I’m looking for, which can be found in my want list link. Most of them I just haven’t pulled the trigger on because I’m focusing on other parts of my collection.

(Sorry, the formatting on my posts seems to be completely screwed up. So words are randomly splitting. I'll try to fix that next time.)

1 comment:

  1. Saw Altuve hit a home run against the A's a few weeks ago. I've also started grabbing his cards. He's part of my short player PC.

    ReplyDelete