Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Five bucks, eighteen stacks Part 7

Although this series has been posting daily for nearly a week now, I wrote the previous six posts early last week, all at once. It is now a week later and I again return my attention to the remaining stacks of cards. There are some nice cards coming up. Today is (I think) the most cards from any set. This is 2001 Upper Deck Victory.
Victory was released in early 2001 with a 660-card set, so despite having several cards I won't be anywhere near a complete set.
The design is decent, but the card stock is lower quality than regular Upper Deck. Victory was Upper Deck's "value" brand after the end of Collector's Choice. The card stock is similar to 2006 Fleer, with a glossy front and matte back and fairly thin stock.
I pulled a whopping 21 cards out for my awards/leaders collection (I'm down to about 1400 cards needed now). There are over 250 cards remaining from this set! If you need any, let me know. I'll be sorting all the cards from this box into teams in the next week or so.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Tino! I'll have to check if I need that one. It doesn't look familiar.

    ReplyDelete